|Published||June 12, 2023|
|Location||Remote, United States of America|
Prescient Technologies is seeking highly skilled, knowledgeable, and self-motivated Mayan Linguists to support the efforts at the border. Our ideal Team members have high attention to detail, an excellent work ethic, compassion and understanding.
We require our Team members to have a native to near native fluency in one or more Mayan languages such as Mam, K'iche', Q’eqchi, Q’anjob’al, Akateco, Ixil, Kaqchikel, Chuj, Poqomchi’, Chalchiteco, Miskito, Popti (Jacalteco), Cubulco Achi and Rabinal Achi, amongst others.
The interpreter will perform interpretation services including general and sensitive conversations from Mayan Languages <> English. Translation services may range from simple to complex and are sensitive in nature.
These positions will be a mix of in-person and remote, depending on the program requirement.
Our candidate will excel at working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment while staying within the role of interpreter/translator and will also possess the following skills:
- Strong listening, research, memory, and language skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- The ability to perform in a challenging, creative, and formal working environment.
- Must be able to work within a changing schedule as the need arises.
- Must possess well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact with members from a variety of backgrounds.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- A minimum of three (3) years (preferred) working as an interpreter or in a related field must be reflected in your resume.
- Must be able to interpret/transliterate fluently and understand the continuum of language communication.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills, both orally and written
- Fluent in one or more of the following Mayan languages: Mam, K'iche', Q’eqchi’, Q’anjob’al, Akateco, Cubulco Achi, Ixil, Quechua, Chalchiteco, Chuj, Miskito, Jacalteco (Popti), Kaqchikel, Rabinal Achi, and Poqomchi’